Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks in the midst of pain


"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Th 5:18

How do we give thanks in the midst of tragic pain. Losing my 18 year old grandson Stephen is painful for me but even more is the pain that I carry for my daughter and her family. And yet, God says IN EVERYTHING GIVE THANKS.

I GIVE THANKS to God for the 18 years we had Stephen.
I GIVE THANKS for the witness his life was and how he touched so many people.
I GIVE THANKS for God's Grace and comfort that has sustained my daughter, Cathron and her family.
I GIVE THANKS for all the good that has come from this tragedy.
I GIVE THANKS for my other eleven grandchildren and
I GIVE THANKS for my wonderful daughters; Colette, Cathron and Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment